Which is the best credit cards in India for 2019? I know it’s a big confusion to choose from a big list of 100. That’s why I always try to share a selected list of popular credit cards so that one can take an easy decision.
In this article, I will be talking about all these top 10 credit cards in India.
- Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
- SBI Prime Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
- ICICI Instant Platinum Credit Card
- SBI Simply Click Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- Citibank Cashback Credit Card
- Indian Oil Citi (IOC) Platinum Credit Card
- HDFC Regalia Credit Card
- American Express® Gold Credit Card
If you search online, you will find there are various types of credit cards available in different categories. E.g. credit card with no annual fee, no joining fee, cashback & rewards, premium benefits, air miles, travel, online shopping etc.
That’s not the end of this problem. There are various banks and financial institutions who offer credit cards with unique features. So, which bank credit card is best in India?
Few popular ones are – SBI credit cards, HDFC Bank credit cards, Standard Chartered credit cards, Citi Bank credit cards, American Express credit cards etc.
While choosing the best credit card, you should always try to understand your spending behavior. Then only you can easily understand which credit card will help you save money on a daily basis.
I still remember my initial days of my job when I got my first credit card. It was a corporate credit card from Citi bank which has some unique features and benefits compared to regular Citibank credit card.
Things To Consider While Choosing A Credit Card in India
If you are researching on best credit cards, then I am sure you have your specific need. There are different types of credit cards which you can find as per your spending nature. Here is the popular category of credit cards mostly searched by people in India.
- Best Lifetime Free Credit Card in India
- Best Credit Card For Salaried Person in 2018
- Best credit card for grocery shopping in India
- Best Credit Card For Online Shopping & Rewards
- Best Credit Card For Frequent Travel and Free Lounge Access
- Best Credit Card For Utility Bill Payments
- Best Credit Card for Fuel in India
- Best Travel Credit Card in India
- Best Premium Credit Cards in India
- Best Credit Card in India with no Annual Fee
- Best Lifestyle Credit Cards in India
- Best Super Premium Credit Cards in India
In this article, I will try to cover popular credit cards in India from these categories. I will share dedicated articles on each topic so that you can get better analysis and details of every credit card. Here I will list out the top 10 credit cards in India as per popularity.
List of 10 Best Credit Cards in India 2019-2020
There are plenty of benefits of having a credit card in your wallet. Although many people think that with a credit card, they can’t control their expenses. But that is not the problem of a credit card, rather than person need to work on his/her control abilities.
Personally, I carry a credit card to enjoy regular cash back, reward points and most importantly have a secure source of emergency fund. Yes, a credit card with higher credit limit is a good way to support any kind of expenses you need during an emergency like hospitalization etc.
Anyway, I will talk more about credit cards on my blog in coming days through various blog posts. Let’s explore the list of best credit cards in India and try to choose one as per your need.
1.Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
This is one of the best credit cards I have used so far. The amazing part of this credit card is that you can earn 5% cashback on your grocery shopping from selected supermarkets. In fact, I have shared an article about best credit cards for grocery shopping and there Manhattan credit card top the list.
- Key highlight: 5% cashback on grocery in supermarkets.
- Joining Fee – Rs.499 (Spend Rs 30,000 in the first year and get a waiver on your joining fee)
- Renewal Fee (from Second Year) – Rs.999 (Spend Rs 60,000 in a year and get a waiver on your renewal fee)
- Review: SC Manhattan credit card
To Apply SC Manhattan Credit Card Online Click Here
2.SBI Prime Credit Card
SBI Prime is one of the best lifestyles credit cards. That means if you are seeking benefits like earning air miles, lounge access, club vistara membership etc then SBI Prime is the perfect credit card for you. On top of that, you can pay your house rent using this credit card and also get a reward for the same.
- Key highlight: Prime rewards on transactions (E.g. 20 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on standing instructions of Utility Bills payments)
- Joining Fee – Rs.2,999
- Renewal Fee (from Second Year) – Rs.2,999 (Spend Rs 3 lakh in a year and get a waiver on your renewal fee)
To Apply SBI Prime Credit Card Online Click Here
3.Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
This is another popular credit card from Standard chartered with no annual fees or joining fees. Yes, this can the be the credit card you want to apply without worrying about any kind of charges, at the same time enjoy various rewards on transactions. But this credit card is exclusively for salaried people with a higher bracket of monthly take home.
- Key highlight: Earn 5 reward points for every Rs150 spent on fuel & fine-dining outlets, 20% cash back on Uber, et BookMyShow vouchers worth Rs. 500 on Card Set Up etc.
- Joining Fee – Rs.250 (use your credit card within first 90 days, joining fee will be waived off)
- Renewal Fee (from Second Year) – Rs.250 (Spend Rs 30,000 in a year and get a waiver on your renewal fee)
To apply Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards credit card Click Here.
4.ICICI instant platinum card
If you are looking for the best credit card to save on movie tickets, then check out the ICICI instant platinum credit card with which you can save up to Rs 100 on movie ticket purchase and that is also monthly twice. Also get 1% fuel surcharge waiver on HPCL petrol pumps, transactions up to Rs 4000.
- Key highlight: 15% savings at over 800 leading restaurants across 10 cities in India
- Joining Fee – NIL
- Renewal Fee (from Second Year) – NIL
To apply ICICI instant platinum credit card online Click Here.
5.SBI simply click credit card
SBI simply click credit card is a very popular credit card among all online shopping lovers. Yes, this credit card has a very low joining fee and tied up with all top vendors like Amazon, Flipkart, Makemytrip, Cleartrip and many more vendors. Whenever you shop form them using your SBI simply credit card, you can get good discount or cashback.
- Key highlight:Earn 10X Reward Points on online spends with exclusive partners – Amazon / BookMyShow / Cleartrip / Foodpanda / Lenskart / UrbanClap
- Welcome Gift: Get Amazon.in gift card worth Rs.500* on joining
- Joining Fee – Rs 499
- Renewal Fee (from Second Year) – Rs 499 (Renewal Fee reversed if annual spends for last year >= Rs.1,00,000)
To apply SBI simply click credit card online click here.
6.Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
Mostly I pay all my utility bills, mobile phone bills, internet bills etc using my HDFC Regalia credit card. If you are also like me but want to get cashback on utility bill payment then go for SC Super Value Titanium Credit Card. You will get 5% cashback on utility and telephone bill payments. Not only that, you will also get a 5% cashback on purchase of petrol or diesel.
- Key highlight: Get 5% cashback on fuel, phone and utility bills and 1 reward point on all other expenses.
- Special Offer: Earn BookMyShow vouchers worth Rs. 1000 on Credit Card (up to 30th June 2018)
- Joining Fee – Rs 750
- Renewal Fee (from Second Year) – Rs 750 (Spend Rs 60,000 and your renewal fee will be waived off)
To apply for SC Super Value Titanium credit card online click here.
7.Citibank Cashback Card
If you spend more money on watching movies, talking to your friends & family then Citibank Cashback Credit Card is the best one for you. As you can straightaway get a 5% cash back on your spendings.
- Key highlight: 5% cash back on movie ticket purchases, telephone bill payments
- Joining Fee – Rs 500
- Renewal Fee (from Second Year) – Rs 500
To apply for Citi Bank Cash Back credit card online click here.
8.Indian Oil Citi (IOC) Platinum Credit Card
Are you spending too much on fuel? Then you should apply for this credit card from Citi bank. IOC credit card is the best credit card for fuel in India. You can earn good turbo points on the purchase of petrol or diesel from selected petrol pumps in India. And on top of that, you will get a waiver on 2.5% of surcharge on fuel. This is a contactless payment credit card.
- Key highlight: 4 Turbo Points on Rs.150 spent on fuel at authorized IndianOil outlets (1 Turbo Point = Re 1 Free Fuel)
- Special Offer: Rs.250 worth of Activation benefits when booked before 30th June 2018.
- Joining Fee – Rs 1000
- Renewal Fee (from Second Year) – Rs 1000 (Zero Annual Fee on the spend of Rs.30000 or more in a membership year)
To apply for IndianOil Citi Platinum credit card online click here.
9.HDFC Regalia Credit Card
I am holding the HDFC Regalia credit card. This HDFC credit card is having some heavy features, especially for premium customers. This is an upgraded version of Regalia First credit card from HDFC only. You can enjoy various features like low foreign currency markup fees on international transactions, 5X/10X rewards with selected merchants etc.
- Key highlight: 4 Complimentary Airport Lounge Access through Priority Pass Membership
- Special feature: Now get 15,000 bonus points every year on spends of Rs.8Lac(wef 1 Apr’18)
- Welcome Benefit: Rs 2500 Reward Points and renewal benefit of 2500 Reward Points (applicable only after the membership fee is realized and not applicable when the fee is waived off)* Terms & Conditions Apply
- Joining Fee – Rs 2,500
- Renewal Fee (from Second Year) – Rs 2,500 (Spend Rs. 3L in 12 Months and get Renewal Fee waived for next renewal year)
To apply for HDFC Regali credit card online click here.
10.American Express® Gold Credit Card
Amex Gold card is popular for its reward point system. Yes, if you use this card 6 times for min Rs 1000 transactions, you will earn rewards point up to 1000. Not only that, you can earn 5,000 Membership Rewards Points upon First Year Card Renewal, on payment of annual membership fee. Points to be credited within 90 days of Card renewal.
- Key highlight: Earn 1 Membership Rewards Point for every Rs. 50 spent except for spend at Fuel, Insurance, Utilities and Cash Transactions
- Special feature: Now get 15,000 bonus points every year on spends of Rs.8Lac(wef 1 Apr’18)
- Welcome Benefit: 4,000 Bonus Membership Rewards® Points which is equivalent to Rs 1,000
- Joining Fee – Rs. 1,000 plus taxes
- Renewal Fee (from Second Year) – Rs. 4,500 plus taxes
To apply for American Express Gold credit card online click here.
Conclusion – Which one is the Best Credit Card in India 2019-2020
So, from these comparisons, I think you will be clear that there is hardly any credit card which will give you every benefit. Every credit card is designed in such a way that you can enjoy specific benefit to the max.
On the other hand, for premium features, the credit cards are charging more money as joining fee and also renewal fee. But at the same time, they have a clause of renewal fee waive of on spending up to a certain limit.
That means you have to evaluate your spending nature first, how much you can spend with a credit card, what are the areas you spend more e.g. shopping, flight tickets, restaurants, fuel etc and then compare credit cards.
This way you will surely be able to choose the best credit card in India only for you. Write a comment below and share your experience or questions if you have related to credit cards.